Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (tDPT) Online
Earn Degree in 16 Months
You’ll earn the credential that validates your years of experience – and is recommended by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) for all physical therapy providers. Practitioner-based faculty work with you to take control of the entire physical therapy practice – from consultation to diagnosis to developing patient-specific treatment plans.
Utica University’s fully online and flexible degree program enables you to balance your personal and professional responsibilities while gaining the knowledge and skills necessary to create positive change for your practice.
Request More Information
To learn more about Utica University, complete the form below.
Make A Move That Helps You and Others Make the Most of Life
Utica University’s immersive curriculum is built around APTA’s Vision 2020 recommendations to ensure practitioners are current with both educational and clinical doctoral degree standards. Designed for licensed physical therapists in the US, Core Courses (8 totaling 18-19 credit hours) are available on your schedule and designed to prepare you for success. The core curriculum is followed by a capstone course.
Qualified and experienced clinicians lead discussions in four content areas:
- Foundations of Autonomous Practice
- Prevention and Wellness
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Pharmacology and Pathophysiology
Utica’s practicum enables you to tailor your degree to fit your personal needs and professional interests. It also is ideal preparation for a specialty examination in a wide variety of practice areas.
- Professional In-Service: Creation of an educational in-service program
- Teaching: Creation of a teaching-learning discovery program
- Community Health Projects: Identification of a public health issue related to a community need and the generation of a program or mechanism for addressing that issue
- Preparation for Clinical Specialty: Prepare for advanced certification with the expectation that you’ll publish and/or present in a professional forum
With an in-depth understanding of direct-access physical therapy, you’ll be prepared to capitalize on the growing demand for top-quality practitioners in a wide variety of fields.
Popular positions for doctors of physical therapy (with average annual base salaries) include:
- Lead Physical Therapist ($80,006)2
- Physical Therapist Director ($87,889)2
- Senior Physical Therapist ($85,965)2
- Pediatric Physical Therapist ($66,242)2
2. “Average Lead Physical Therapist (PT) Salary,” PayScale, Inc. Retrieved March 2021 from https://www.payscale.com/.
Online learning is soaring in popularity, especially for those with irregular schedules and no/little access to a physical campus. Utica University presents online learners with the same rigorous curriculum, esteemed faculty, alumni network, and collaborative community found on campus. Make the decision to acquire the knowledge and skills that could take you to the next step in life and Utica University will be here to support you every step of the way.
Note to Foreign Students: The Utica University tDPT curriculum does not provide the education that offers a path for U.S. licensure as a physical therapist and/or a visa to practice physical therapy in the United States.