RN to BS in Nursing (RN-BSN) Online
How Can You Make A Real Difference for Yourself & Your Patients?
Acquiring your advanced certification means you’ll be qualified to practice in all health care settings, thereby giving you the greatest career flexibility and a direct path to higher earnings. Plus, you’ll be ahead of the game in an industry that has started requiring nurses to earn a BSN within 10 years of initial licensure.1
Utica University’s fully online and CCNE-accredited RN-BSN program is flexible so you can take classes on your schedule while maintaining your personal and professional responsibilities.
31-61 Total Credits
Request More Information
To learn more about Utica University, complete the form below.
What You’ll Learn & Why It Matters
Gain the critical thinking, decision-making, communication, and leadership skills required for the advanced nursing roles that could bring greater pay and greater career satisfaction. Through Utica’s nine core required nursing courses, you’ll expand your knowledge of essential nursing concepts and practices. The curriculum also offers major related required courses and extensive liberal arts electives, including courses on treating chemical dependence, caring for the elderly, and more, so you can bring a broader perspective to your practice.
Practitioner-based faculty provide ongoing, 1:1 support as you progress through the curriculum.
- Socialization to Professional Nursing
- Health Assessment
- Leadership and Informatics in Professional Nursing
- Care of Communities
- Health Policy Management in Professional Nursing
- Trends and Issues in Professional Nursing
- End-of-Life and Palliative Care Practice
- 93% of students satisfied with their program experience
- Graduates report being better prepared to lead among nursing peers and advocate for patients in a variety of situations and settings
(RN-BSN Graduate Survey, Utica University, 2022)
How Will You Learn & Grow?
Online learning is soaring in popularity, especially for those with irregular schedules and no/little access to a physical campus. Utica University presents online learners with the same rigorous curriculum, esteemed faculty, alumni network, and collaborative community found on campus. Make the decision to acquire the knowledge and skills that could take you to the next step in life and Utica University will be here to support you every step of the way.
How Much Could You Make With Your Degree?
Nurses with a BSN are the preferred choice of health care practitioners because when hospitals increase their hiring of BSN-prepared nurses by 10 percent, they see a 7 percent decrease in patient mortality.2
Additional career opportunities include:
- Registered Nurse Supervisor ($71,702/year)3
- Nursing Director ($89,292/year)3
- Adult Nurse Practitioner ($98,603/year)3
- Clinical Documentation Specialist ($74,241/year)3
The federal government, the military, nurse executives, healthcare foundations, nursing organizations, and practice settings acknowledge the unique value of baccalaureate-prepared nurses and advocate for an increase in the number of BSN nurses across clinical settings.4
Request More Information
- “New York’s ‘BSN in 10’ Law And The Push For 80% Of Nurses To Hold BSN By 2020,” nurse.org. Retrieved March 2021 from https://nurse.org.
- “Building the Case for More Highly Educated Nurses,” Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Retrieved March 2021 from https://www.rwjf.org.
- “Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree,” PayScale, Inc. Retrieved March 2021 from https://www.payscale.com.
- “The Impact of Education on Nursing Practice,” American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Retrieved March 2021 from https://www.aacnnursing.org.